Our Kids

Our Kids
Aidan, Sydney, and Brooklyn

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

SON OF A MOTHER DUCK!!!!

8:30 pm -So last night I'm washing my clothes and the washer stopped so I go to put it in the dryer. I lift the lid to the washing machine and it's full of water... but the machine is off. So I run it again and go off to do some other things around the house. I go back a second time to throw the clothes in the dryer... and again... washing machine full of water. ?????? I call for my "I can fix anything" guy ( Tim) and he toys with it for a while before he decides we need to syphon the water out and take all the wet clothes out so he can rip it apart and check the motor and pump.( not an easy task or dry one for that matter)
That was a pain. - fast forward- it's now 12:30 am and Tim has fixed the problem - a kid sock ended up in the pump and it couldn't drain. ( Don't ask... i don't know either) So, he hooks the washing machine back up and joilla... it works!!! YAY!! I throw my giant load of laundry back in and decided to wash it all over again and I go to bed. It's freakin 1 am!

7:20 am... I get up and head to the kitchen to make Aidan his breakfast and pack his lunch and I don't even make it outside my bedroom door before my foot starts making squishy noises and it's all the way to the kitchen. I keep walking toward the kitchen see that it is FLOODED!!! Keep in mind I JUST WOKE UP!!!! I turn around and head back to the bedroom and say to Tim.... 'WHY IS THERE WATER EVERYWHERE???"
Tim was like " C'MON DON'T JOKE WITH ME"
I was like... "uh uh... c'mere"

and we both squished our way to the kitchen and just stood there starring.
Then Tim says " OH IT'S NOT THAT BAD, JUST OPEN SOME WINDOWS IT'LL DRY"

What????? WHATTTTT!!!
No, you get to go to work and I get to stay here and try to keep kids outta the mess while making an attempt at cleaning it. UGHHH!!!! SUCK!!!! I had other plans for today. GRRRRRR.

So, i take the girls to the grocery store, rent a cleaner, come home just in time for my massage.

( THANK YOU MONA!!! I needed it! )
Then during my massage we hear this LOUD POP and then a smell of electronics frying....
That loud pop was the sould of Tims ( well, the familys) BIG 58" TV.
What..... WHATTTT!!!!!!
C'MON!!!!
*enter sobbing sounds here*
I had to call tim at work to tell him... NOT A GOOD THING!
So, here I am... 6 hours later.....all done cleaning the carpets anticipating Tim's arrival from home.... I HOPE.... I HOPE....this is it for today
LET THIS DAY BE DONE!!!!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Man, that is a terrible day! I'm sorry! I hope that today is better. Just think - camping in two days!